2023 VNL COACHES WANTED
Melbourne University Lightning has reappointed its Championship & 19/U Head Coaches for the 2023 VNL season. However, all other VNL coaching positions have been declared open for the 2023 season.
Incumbent coaches are encouraged to apply.
2023 VICTORIAN NETBALL LEAGUE COACH VACANCIES
• Championship Assistant Coach
• Division 1 Head Coach
• Division 1 Assistant Coach
• 19/U Assistant Coach
• Specialist Coaches
COACH REQUIREMENTS & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Participate as a member of the team Selection Panel for your appointed team.
• Develop an understanding of and adhere to the criteria and guidelines documented in the Melbourne University Lightning team selection policy.
• Adhere to all Melbourne University Lightning Club policy and guidelines.
• Develop the team training program including skill development sessions, fitness and conditioning sessions and recovery sessions in accordance with Club coaching policy and procedures.
• Provide coaching instruction to team members in the areas of technique, specialist positional skills and team skills.
• Identify and maximise underlying potential to deliver long term growth in individual athletes.
• Evaluate and assess individual and team performance, ensuring individuals are appropriately challenged, and provided with constructive feedback.
• Take appropriate action to ensure that underperformance is effectively dealt with.
• Develop, implement and adapt match play strategies.
• Team head coaches will supervise and mentor assistant coaches in both the training and competition environment.
• Communicate clearly, concisely and with a high level of integrity to both the player and parent group.
Training Venues: Melbourne University, Parkville Campus, and the Melbourne Sports Centre (SNHC) in Parkville.
Remuneration: Commensurate with coaching experience, qualifications, performance and Club budget.
• Current Netball Victoria registration.
• Netball Victoria coaching accreditation.
• Current Police/Working with Children Check.
• Previous demonstrated successful coaching of teams at Representative
• Team, Zone Academy, VNL or State level.
• Ability to meet the work requirements and responsibilities, attendance and reporting requirements as outlined in this position description.
Applications must include:
• A fully completed Coaching Application form.
• Resume outlining coaching and playing experience
• Names and contact details of two (2) referees.
Applications close 5.00pm Monday 25 July.
All questions and enquiries can be forwarded to email@example.com